Scalloped potatoes with Maca powder
-3 tbsp. vegan butter, olive oil or coconut oil without strong flavor
-1 small white onion, peeled and thinly sliced
-4 large garlic cloves, minced
-3tbsp.Karen berrios Maca powder
-2 tbsp. organic flour ( if it’s necessary)
-1 cup vegetable stock or water
-2 cups plant based milk
-1 ½ tsp. salt / ½ tsp. black pepper/ 2 tsp.Oregon
-4 pounds of Potatoes, sliced into 1/8-inch rounds
-2 cups freshly grated sharp vegan cheese
1. Heat your oven over to 400 ªF. Grease your baking dish and set it aside.
2. Melt butter or oil in a large sauté pan over medium-high heat. Add onion, andsauté for 4-5 minutes until soft and translucent. Add garlic and sauté for an additional 1-2 minutes. Stir in maca powder until it is evenly combined, and cook for 1 minute more.
3. Pour in the stock or water, and whisk until well combined. Add in the plant-based milk, salt, pepper, and oregano.
4. Remove from heat and set aside.
5. Spread half of the sliced potatoes in an even layer on the bottom of the pan. Top evenly with half of the cream sauce. Sprinkle 1 cup of the shredded cheese and all of the parmesan cheese.
6. Top evenly with the remaining sliced potatoes, the other half of the cream sauce, and the remaining cheese
7. Cover the pan with aluminum foil and bake for 30 minutes. Then remove the foil and bake uncovered for 25-30 minutes, or until the potatoes are cooked through.
8. Transfer the pan to a cooling rack, and sprinkle with the remaining oregan and parmesan
9. Serve warm