VEGAN CARROT CAKE & CHIA MUFFINS
- 3 vegan eggs
- 3 tbsp. (30 gr) Karen Berrios Chia Seeds + 10 tbsp. (100 ml) warm water
- ¾ cup (120 gr) coconut sugar or monk fruit
- ¾ cup (180 ml) almond, soy or coconut milk
- ⅓ cup (65ml) coconut oil (melted) or vegetable oil
- 1 tbsp. vanilla extract
- 2 cup (200gr) almond flour
- ½ cup (80gr) Karen Berrios Chia Seeds (flour)
- 1 tsp. baking powder
- 1 tbsp. ground cinnamon
- ½ tsp. Karen Berrios Ginger Root Powder
- ½ tsp. salt
- 1 cup ( 130 gr) grated carrots
- ½ cup ( 60 gr) pecans, almond or walnuts (chopped)
Vegan cream cheese frosting
- 1 cup (200) vegan cream cheese (soft)
- ⅓ cup (50 gr) powdered monk fruit
- ¼ cup (60ml) coconut cream milk
- 1 tsp. Nutritional Yeast (optional)
- 1 tsp. vanilla extract
- Preheat oven to 350 ºF (180 º). Line a 12-hole muffin pan with muffin paper.
- In a medium sized mixing bowl, whisk your vegan eggs, coconut sugar or monk fruit, almond milk, melted coconut oil and vanilla extract.
- In another bowl, combine all your dry ingredients (almond flour, chia seeds flour, baking powder, cinnamon powder, ginger root powder, and salt.
- Stir in the dry ingredients into the wet ingredients gradually. Finally, stir in the grated carrots and chopped walnuts.
- Transfer the muffin batter into the 12- muffin case, using a mechanical ice cream scoop.
- Bake for 30-35 minutes.
- Transfer onto a cooling rack and cool for 40 minutes at room temperature or more before decorate.
Vegan cream cheese frosting:
- In a medium bowl, add all the ingredients for the frosting. Beat with your whip whisk until fluffy and creamy. Rest in the fridge for 20 minutes.
- Use this frosting on top of cooled muffins. Sprinkle grated carrots and chopped walnuts on top of the frosting to decorate.