MACA CURRIED RICE
SPICES AND OTHERS:
- 3 tablespoons yellow curry powder
- 1/2 teaspoon chilli powder
- 1/2 tablespoon Karen Berrios Maca Powder
- 1 teaspoon cumin
- 1 teaspoon coriander
- 1/2 teaspoon paprika
- 1 1/2 cups uncooked and rinsed rice
- 2 1/4 cups vegetable broth
- 2 grated carrots
- 2 cups peas
- 3 tablespoon unflavored coconut oil
- 1 onion, finely chopped
- 3 garlic cloves, chopped
- 2 teaspoons ginger, grated
- 1 1/4 teaspoons salt
- 1/2 teaspoon black pepper
- 1/2 cup coriander leaves
- Baked tortilla chips
Melt coconut oil in a pot over medium high heat.
Add ginger and garlic cook for few seconds. Add onion and cook for 2 - 3 minutes until partly cooked.
Add rice and stir until well combined.
Add spices, maca and mix to coat rice.
Add broth, peas, carrots, salt and pepper, stir to coat rice.
When the entire surface of the liquid is simmering, stir once, place lid on and turn heat down to "low".
Cook for 14 - 20 minutes.
Stand for 10 - 15 minutes.
Serve sprinkle with remaining coriander, baked tortilla chips and enjoy!