MAGGIE'S LUCUMA LEMON BERRY MOUSSE PIE
- 1 cup pecans (can substitute any portion with walnuts)
- 1 tablespoon coconut oil
- Sweetener, if desired
- 150g tahini
- 1/4 cup Karen Berrios Lucuma Powder
- 1 cup mixed frozen berries (strawberries, raspberries, blackberries, blueberries and/ or blackcurrants)
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- Juice of 1 lemon
- 1/4 teaspoon pink salt
- 3/4 cup purified water, more as needed
Combine crust ingredients in a mini food processor and process until almost nut butter consistency. Press into the bottom of a 6" round dish and place in the fridge while you prepare the filling.
Combine all filling ingredients in a high speed blender and blend until smooth and well combined. Add more water or tahini as needed to achieve a texture like a thick milkshake. The mousse will firm as it cools. Pour mousse over prepared crust and refrigerate 2-3 hours until firm. Run a knife around the edge to loosen from the dish and turn out onto a clean towel then place crust-down on a serving dish. Garnish with lemon zest or powdered lucuma, as desired.
Courtesy of Maggie Jones @mostlyveganketo