GRILLED PORTOBELLO MUSHROOMS
- 10 large Portobello mushrooms (cleaned with a damp cloth)
- 6 cloves garlic minced
- 2 tsp. extra virgin olive oil
- 1 tsp smoked paprika or ground paprika
- 4 tsp Vegan Worcestershire sauce or soy sauce
- 4 tsp white wine or wine vinegar (optional)
- Salt, pepper, onion powder
- 2 tsp extra virgin olive oil
- 1 medium onion finely chopped
- 5 cloves garlic minced
- 1/3 cup pumpkin seeds or raw cashews (soaked)
- 1 tbsp. corn starch or almond flour
- ½ tsp. Karen Berrios Chia Seed
- 1 ½ cup water
- 1 tbsp. nutritional yeast (optional)
- 1 tsp. Karen Berrios Ginger Root Powder
- Salt, Pepper, chopped fresh herbs
- Mix all the ingredients of the marinade. Place the Portobello mushrooms in the dish and brush the marinade all over. Marinade for 10 to 15 minutes.
- Heat a grill. When hot, place he mushrooms on the grill and cook for 3 to 4 minutes per side.
- Make the sauce: Heat oil in a skillet over medium heat. Add onion and garlic until translucent.
- Transfer half of the mixture to a blender. Add rest of the ingredients and blend until smooth and creamy.
- Pour it into the skillet with the remaining mixture.
- Serve the mushrooms drizzled with the creamy sauce, fresh herbs and enjoy as your perfect Thanksgiving Garnish.